Today I’m soooo excited for you to get to know Shannan Martin. Shannan is one of my faves. She’s wise and fun and I just love the way she’s living her life. She’s got a new book out, The Ministry of Ordinary Places, and we talk about what led her to move from her dream farmhouse in the country to a life in the city. She shares about adopting four kids, including a 19-year-old son who was incarcerated, putting her kids into a “failing” public school with one of the highest poverty rates in the state, and what she’s learning with a son who has been incarcerated about the school to prison pipeline. We chat about standing with our neighbors, how to be a good neighbor, and what it looks like to make yourself available and show up for them. Whether you live in the country, the city, or the suburbs like me, there’s good stuff here for all of us, unless you live in a yurt on a mountain by yourself…no, even you, yurt-dweller. There’s something here for you, too, so listen in, and lighten up.
Quotes from the show:
- “People say we need to bring God back in the schools. God is just already there.”
- “Don’t let fear of the unknown hold you back from getting a clear vision of what the kingdom of God looks like.”
Links from the show:
- Check out Shannan’s new book, The Ministry of Ordinary Places
- Find Shannan on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter
- Shannan’s first book, Falling Free
- David Platt’s Radical sermon series
- Radical book
- Kisses from Katie, Amazima ministry
- Kisses from Katie book
- My new book, Infreakinfertility
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.