We are in the middle of our series “Lighten Up about Illness” and today I’m talking with Lauren Gaskill, author of Into the Deep: Diving into a Life of Courageous Faith, and host of the podcast She Found Joy. Lauren has hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS), which affects her collagen, joints, and muscles. We chat about her road to finding a diagnosis, her treatments for EDS, and how she is lightening up and finding joy while managing her symptoms. Lauren shares how keeping an eternal perspective helps her lighten up about her circumstances, how she figures out the safe people to talk with about her disorder, and her advice for developing a supportive community. I’m so glad you’re with us, so pull up a chair, listen in, and lighten up.
Links from the show:
- She Found Joy podcast
- Find a She Found Joy event near you
- Check out Lauren’s book, Into the Deep: Diving into a Life of Courageous Faith
- “A Stink Bug Tried to Mate with Me” – my bug essay on Coffee+Crumbs
- Letters to the Church by Francis Chan
- Winning the Worry Battle by Barb Roose (Barb was on Lighten Up episode #75!)
- The Writing Desk by Rachel Hauck
- Pet Sematary by Stephen King
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.