Hey welcome to episode 106 of Lighten up with Melanie Dale. BONUS ILLNESS EDITION. I know I said we concluded the Lighten Up with Illness series, and I’m well into working on our next series, Lighten Up about Friendship Over 40, but recently Stephanie Tait ran across my path and she has a new book called The View from Rock Bottom so, I mean, I was dying to talk to her about how she lightens up down there at rock bottom. Stephanie talks about her tenacious 15-year journey to getting diagnosed with Lyme Disease, what it’s like living with Lyme, and how she learned to lighten up and let herself have a life in the midst of disability, instead of waiting indefinitely until everything was all better. She asked herself, “What if this is my life…what am I waiting for?” Stephanie is hopeful and real and I know you’ll love hanging out with her as much as I did, so listen in and lighten up.
Links from the show:
- The View from Rock Bottom
- Check out Stephanie’s website: www.stephanietaitwrites.com
Find her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Under Our Skin documentary
- Glorious Weakness by Alia Joy, who was just on episode 105 of Lighten Up
- Disability and the Way of Jesus
- Light from Distant Stars by Shawn Smucker, who was on episode 43 of Lighten Up
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.